Welcome to Day 3 of Resurrection Celebration! For 12 days, we will enjoy a family Bible study leading up to Easter Sunday.
Use the optional printable pack to include activities for each day. You’ll be hunting for eggs, revealing mystery code words, and discovering amazing truths in the Bible.
Code Words: Lamb, Sacrifice, Atonement
Listen for these words or concepts as you read the following Scriptures.
God gave His laws.
God requires a sacrifice for sin.
Christ is the High Priest and the Sacrifice.
Hebrews 7:22-28, Hebrews 10:11-18
Without blood, there is no forgiveness.
Let family members ask questions that begin with: Who? What? When? Where? Why? and How?
Here are some questions to get you started.
- What is it called when someone breaks God’s laws?
- What had to die for forgiveness of sin in the Old Testament?
- How often did they have to kill a lamb for the forgiveness of sin?
- Who died once as the true and final sacrifice for sin?
- Why is a death necessary for the payment for sin?
- What happened on the Day of Atonement?
- Why could the blood of animals not forgive sin forever?
- Why does God accept the sacrifice of His Son in the place of sinful men?
Keep a family journal and record what you learn about “Resurrection” every day.
What do we learn about RESURRECTION?
What does the Passover teach us about the Resurrection?
Celebrate! Worship God!
Spend time finishing these sentences, “God, you are ___________ . Thank you for ____________.”
Behold the Lamb of God, Lyric Video – Andrew Peterson
Old Rituals, New Realities – The Bible Project
Day 3 Recommended Resources
Here are some resources for continuing family worship at home throughout the year.