Welcome to Day 5 of Resurrection Celebration! For 12 days, we are enjoying a family Bible study leading up to Easter Sunday.
Use the optional printable pack to include activities for each day. You’ll be hunting for eggs, revealing mystery code words, and discovering amazing truths in the Bible.
Day 5 – Into Jerusalem with Joy
Code Words: Hosanna, Palm Branches, Triumphal Entry
Listen for these words or concepts as you read the following Scriptures.
Mary anoints Jesus.
Jesus enters Jerusalem triumphantly.
The hour has come.
Let family members ask questions that begin with: Who? What? When? Where? Why? and How?
Here are some questions to get you started.
- What did Mary do that honored Jesus when He was in Bethany?
- How did Jesus enter Jerusalem?
- What did the people shout as he entered?
- What are some ways you can honor Jesus?
- What contrasts do you see between the heart of Mary and the heart of Judas?
- What prophecy did Jesus fulfill as He entered Jerusalem?
- Why did the crowd go down the meet Him that day?
- What does Jesus mean by “the hour has come”?
- How is a servant of Jesus described in John 12:24-28?
Keep a family journal and record what you learn about “Resurrection” every day.
What do we learn about RESURRECTION?
Which people will be with Jesus where He is having eternal life?
Celebrate! Worship God!
Spend time finishing this sentence, “God, you are ___________ . Help me follow Christ!”
Easter Hymn Playlist – Keith & Kristyn Getty
Article: Easter Week in Real Time – The Gospel Coalition
Video: TGC Explains Holy Week – The Gospel Coalition
Day 5 Recommended Resources
Continue family worship at home all through the year!